Cleaning your vinyl records can easily be done with the proper setup and materials. Use these steps for a DIY approach of perfecting your vinyl collection. At Lewis Interiors, we use an easy 7-step process to clean all of our vinyl records:
-Sturdy board (13"x13" or larger)
-2 microfiber towels
-Flat paint sponge
-Spray bottle filled with 90% distilled water & 10% rubbing alcohol (must use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol)
1. Attach a microfiber towel to the sturdy board. We staple ours, but you can be creative in this process, depending on how often you will be cleaning records.
2. Attach a small-headed screw in the center of the board to hold the record.
3. Place the record on the board, hanging from the center screw.
4. Spray the painter's sponge with your alcohol mixture.
5. Spin the sponge around the record. It will clean the grooves out nicely. Be very careful not the touch the label with the wet sponge during this step.
6. Finally, wipe the record with a clean & dry microfiber towel.
7. Repeat these steps for the second side of the vinyl record.
These simple 7 steps will give you a squeaky clean record without damaging it! This is a time-tested method we have used for many years to clean all of our personal and listed vinyl records. We have thousands in our own collection, and have never been disappointed! Check out our eBay store to see our vast vinyl record selection. With nearly 800 records currently listed, you're sure to find something you love!
Lewis Interiors loves everything modern, vintage, & retro! Specializing in MCM and custom built furniture, Lewis Interiors has a wealth of knowledge and experience!